After my last post (On Not Giving Up), I had a week or so where I felt great! I was able to walk or run every day and was feeling hopeful for the Mankato Marathon Half.
I registered for this race waaay back in January when they had a discount. I was POSITIVE I would be back in running shape well before now. A couple weekends ago when I was feeling good, I pulled out a 6-mile run/walk without too much difficulty. My legs recovered quickly (LOVE my compression gear, and give it all the credit for this!) Based on that, I figured I could do one more long run/walk between then and the race, fill in with some short runs and walks, and be fine. Certainly not my best, but I'd be able to put in the miles. I really don't want to give up on this race.
Then last week, my symptoms started flaring again. Friday, I could hardly move and everything hurt. A back-to-my-new-reality kick in the pants. If I feel like I did Friday, there is no way I will be able to run.
The Mankato Marathon Half is in 6 days. I am still planning to run/walk IF I feel good. If I don't feel that great, I have a friend that is walking the race, I will drop back and walk with her. If I feel REALLY BAD, well, I'll have a decision to make and the rational me knows that the best decision in that situation would be to not do the event at all.
There will be a lot of finger-crossing between now and Sunday... I just want to run!!!