Thursday, November 1, 2012

Where the hell have I been?

I announcing a little hiatus.  Not sure how long, but certainly until after the first of the year.  I may post if I come up with something I really have to say, but for now I want to take the pressure off myself.  I am so busy with the remodeling/moving that I just really don't feel like I have the time to update, but I feel bad when I don't.

Here's what I've been doing lately:

Workouts:  Pack boxes at night while toddler is sleeping.  Move them to stack by the door.  In the morning, load them into Jeep/trailer.  Drive to new house.  Unload boxes.  Unpack boxes.  Move empty boxes back to Jeep.  Drive home.  Bring empty boxes back into house.  Repeat.  Occasional home improvements such as installing vinyl tile, ripping out shag carpet and old linoleum also completed as well as things like digging potatoes and hauling rather large pieces of furniture by myself.  (My husband is impressed by the furniture moving.  I tell him that anger and impatience are great motivators and sources of strength.)

I ran a 10K in September and PR'd.

I ran a half-marathon in October and did much better than I expected to, considering I have been doing absolutely no running. 

Nutrition:  Using up whatever I can from the cupboards in an effort to move as little as possible... when I feel up to cooking.  working on the house/moving project and taking care of a toddler at the same time pretty much saps all my energy and time.  I haven't been eating nearly as well as I should.  And I'm ashamed to say that we have only harvested half of the potatoes and there are still probably 100lbs in the ground...

Mental Health: My mood has started to suffer in this whole process.  I have been doing this almost daily for a little more than two months now.  Our goal is to be moved in by the end of the month and have the old place cleaned out and ready for the new renters by December 31st.

We're going to be gone for a week coming up here.  Although I could really use some time away from the whole project, it does not help my stress level any to be gone for any extended time this close to the deadlines. 


Anyway, this is where I've been and where I will be for the next couple months.  As I said, I might post if feel like it, but I'm taking the pressure off and likely will not post until after the New Year.  In the meantime, I hope you all have wonderful holiday celebrations with family and friends!  See you in the New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment