Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Give me an apron and call me...

Suzy Homemaker!  I made yogurt!  And cheese!  They're both pretty tasty if I do say so myself.  Unfortunately, I didn't think to take pictures before I put them away in the fridge.  Oh well, next time. 
For the yogurt, I used this recipe from the blog "A Year of Slow Cooking".  It was in the crockpot a long time, but took hardly any hands-on time.  Super-easy!  I did use a packet of yogurt starter instead of regular yogurt (the store was out of my preferred brand.) 
The cheese was technically a failure since I was trying to make paneer.  I ended up with ricotta instead.  Oh well, Italian instead of Indian will be on the menu this week.  I used this recipe from saveur.com.  Saveur is absolutely my favorite cooking magazine.  I have never made a recipe of theirs that I didn't like.  Not sure what didn't work for me, but I will be trying it again.  Even if it turns out as ricotta instead of paneer again, it is delicious and cheap!

No comments:

Post a Comment