Saturday, December 10, 2011

Ready for 2012!

Finally, I am getting my races for 2012 figured out!  I am trying to keep a good base for next season, but was having a hard time getting motivated to do much regular training without specific goals in mind. Here's my race calendar for 2012.  Races in bold are definitely on the schedule, all others are tentative depending on training needs, injury, etc...

Feb 12: Lace Up Against Breast Cancer Half-Marathon, Rochester, MN
Mar 17: Get Lucky Half-Marathon, Minneapolis, MN
Apr 29: Cannon Falls Duathlon, Cannon Falls, MN
May 20: Land Between the Lakes Triathlon, Albert Lea, MN
May 27: Med City Marathon 20-miler, Rochester, MN
Jun 16: Grandma's Marathon, Duluth, MN
Jun 30: Okoboji Bike Ride, Okoboji, IA
July 7: Elysian Rookie's Tri, Elysian, MN (possibly as part of a team)
Jul 22: Chisago Lakes Triathlon (sprint), Chisago City, MN
Aug 12: Rev3 Wisconsin HalfRev, Wisconsin Dells, WI
Sep 15: Turkey Day 10K, Worthington, MN
Sep 23: Quad Cities Half-Marathon, Davenport, IA
Oct 20: Mankato Half-Marathon, Mankato, MN

I noticed as I was typing this up that the half-marathon distance is the most prevalent on my race calendar.  This is my favorite distance to race.  I love the marathon and the 70.3 triathlon distances also, but they take so much preparation before and recovery time after.  With a half-marathon, I'm always in good enough shape to go run.  Not always "race" shape, but it's a distance that is do-able and fits well into my training schedule most weeks.  

I loved the Irongirl Duathlon in Bloomington this past year and was hoping to do that again as part of a girls' weekend.  But, I am proud to say, that my husband will be running his first marathon that weekend!  He has decided to take on the Quad Cities Marathon in 2012.  

I hope to also be keeping my Saturdays in April and May busy leading a Couch-To-5K group.  I'm on our local Community Ed board and plan to propose this at our next meeting in January. I'm pretty sure it will go through since they never really turn anything down that they have a willing instructor for.  

Next project: outlining a training program for 2012. Looking forward to having some structure again!

No comments:

Post a Comment