Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Positive Spin on Injury Recovery

I am back to running a little bit this week.  One mile at a time.  So, rather than be extremely frustrated with being able to only run a short distance, I decided to use the gradual rebuild in distance to my advantage.  I am going to attempt to make my "easy" pace faster.  I had been running 10-minute miles for my easy runs.  That's about all the faster that I could manage for a 5 to 6 mile run.  However, when my runs are only one mile, "easy pace" becomes somewhere in the 9:30-9:40 range.  I'm hoping that as I build my distance back up, I can train my body to this new pace.  I also did my regular tempo run today( 0.25mi warmup, 0.5mi tempo, 0.25 mi cooldown, I'm only supposed to run a mile, you know!) at a pace 30 seconds faster than my normal tempo pace.  I guess I'm just hoping to turn this injury into an opportunity instead of a setback.

No comments:

Post a Comment