Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Swimming Dilemma

My swim sucked on Monday.  There's no nice way to say it.  It just sucked.  Usually when I swim I can get into a rhythym.  I get to a place where I'm comfortable and feel like I could just keep swimming.  That never happened.  My form was off and no matter what I did to try to correct it, it wasn't happening.  Which brings me to my dilemma:
When having a bad swim, do I:
A.  Just keep swimming.  I could have a day like that in a race and I should get used to pushing through it.  OR
B. End the workout.  Swimming with bad form just reinforces bad form.
I can see pros and cons to both scenarios.  It may be a question of what point of the season I'm at.  It may not matter at my level.  I don't swim very well anyway.  I just started swimming laps in November and I'm really slow.
Anyway, thanks for reading as I "think out loud".  If you have any opinions, advice or just want to say "yeah, that happens to me, too", please leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment