Thursday, November 24, 2011

Giving Thanks

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.  It's gotten so people treat it as "Pre-Christmas" and that irks me greatly. But, since I could rant about that for a LONG time and still not get anywhere, that's all I'm going to say on the subject.  

Amanda at RunToTheFinish, one of my favorite blogs, posts a daily gratitude journal.  This is something I have considered adding to my own blog, but for now I am just making a conscious effort to think about what I am grateful for every day.  

In honor of Thanksgiving, I am going to post several of the things that frequently find their way onto my list.

1.  I am thankful that I can give to charities instead of needing their services.  Life circumstances can change in the blink of an eye, and you never know when you may need to be on the receiving end.  Especially this time of year, requests for donations abound.  If you can afford to, please consider donating to the cause of your choice.  

2.  I am thankful that I can run/bike/swim.  Sure, there are days that I don't want to, but when I think of the alternative, well... I'm thankful each and every day.  

3.  I am thankful that my mother taught me to cook.

4.  I am thankful that we have too much stuff instead of too little. 

5.  I am thankful that my son is a champion cuddler.

6.  I am thankful for my cat, Tipsy, who brings much happiness and entertainment to my life and knows just when I need cheering up.    

7.  I am thankful that my husband has a good job that allows me to stay home and raise our son.

There are so many more things that I am thankful for.  As a family, we are so blessed.  

I hope that all of you reading this can say the same and find something that you can be thankful for today and every day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment