Monday, May 9, 2011

Training Log May 1-7


Well, the second week of being a single mom with a sick baby didn't result in any training to speak of.  I ran once.  That's it.  Once, on Sunday afternoon when my mom (thank goodness for moms!) came over to watch my sick child so I could get a small break.  We did get a couple short walks in  toward the end of the week when he started to feel better, but I didn't want to jostle his poor sick tummy around too much by running.  The very end of the week was taken up by cleaning, baking, cooking, and entertaining for the little man's first birthday party! 

I did have a great run that Sunday!  I broke my 5K PR by 2 seconds even with half of it against a 20mph wind.  (That 20mph wind seems to have become an every day thing in these parts.)  So since I have nothing to report for the rest of the week and I am trying out a new (to me) Firefox add-on, I  will leave you with my splits from that run.

I stopped to change my shoes at the end of the split 2.  I wore my new Newtons for the first part and stopped at the mailbox quick to change into my regular shoes for the rest of the run.  Parts of split 1 & 3 were against the wind, all of splits 2 & 4 were against the wind.  I think I'd better run a couple races so I can count these faster times as PR's!
  




 Back on the training horse for me, the first race of the season is less than two weeks away.   Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment