|Teeball season in Minnesota|
1. I've been interested for a while in getting Brendan Brazier's cookbook Thrive Foods. So when I saw on Twitter that he was hosting a live webinar this week on Learn It Live, I immediately signed up. While I'm not vegan, and have no intention of becoming vegan, I am always on the lookout for tasty, healthy, plant-based recipes. I'm not that fond of meat and don't eat it very often. I figure my husband can just add a slab of meat to whatever I've made if he wants to. The webinar was based on his first book- you can view the recorded webinar here.
I also went ahead and bought the book. It arrived yesterday and I plan to make my first recipe out of it tonight. I hate it when I buy a cookbook and there are only a couple recipes I think I'll actually make. That's not the case with this book. Just browsing through it I am interested in at least 25% of the recipes, probably more upon closer inspection. Tonight, Liam and I are going to try the Black Bean Sliders.
2. We finally got some snow! Well, just enough to take the ski/bike trailer contraption out in the yard. The snow had already blown off the roads this morning, but the yard had just enough cover. It's a good thing we went out this morning, because by 1pm even the yard had melted off too much to be ski-able. This is a fun toy, even Liam thought it was fun to pull around the yard, I wish we had more opportunities to use it this winter. Although, it is still only February and it is Minnesota so anything could happen!
3. I have saved myself over $300 this year by being on Twitter. I won a race entry to a race I was going to do anyway. I won a gift certificate to all3sports.com that I plan to use toward new shoes. And I saved $ on my condo for the Rev3 race after I posted that I had booked it (they had an athlete price that hadn't been posted yet). And Dave thinks all the time I spend on the internet is worthless...HA!
4. I had my first appointment with the cardiologist on Thursday. They did an echocardiogram but I don't know the results yet.
5. I think I want to get a heart rate monitor for training. I already have a Garmin, but it's not one of the HR compatible models. I hate to spend the money to get a new GPS and HR watch, but I also don't want to wear two watches. Thoughts? Recommendations for a specific model?
|The Cadillac of GPS /HR watches...the Garmin 910XT...drool...|