*I tried to start this post while my coffee was brewing this morning and couldn't think of a single thing to share! I love coffee...
1. COFFEE! My coffee of choice is a good dark roast Sumatran from the Left Bank Cafe in Slayton, Minnesota. Now, rural southwest Minnesota isn't where most people would go looking for a good cup-a-joe. Put aside your doubts and go! The Left Bank Cafe roasts their own beans and blends on site, the food is delicious, and the customer service unmatched! Live nowhere near here? Order coffee online! If I were to place an online order right now, the smell of freshly roasted coffee would be gracing my mailbox tomorrow! (BTW, I received nothing for what may sound like a paid review, I just really like my Left Bank Coffee!)
2. Ice and snow: After an extremely mild winter here in Minnesota, we got blasted with ice and snow this week. Actually the fact that it was rain and not all snow means it is still mild, but it sure made a mess. And some extra work for the hubby this weekend!
3. The cardiologist's office called with the results of my echocardiogram. Everything was normal. Next step is a stress echo (March 8) to see if exercise is making it do anything funky.
4. Liam and the potty: We spent Thursday morning trying to get a urine sample from Liam to test for a possible UTI. The first hour-and-a-half was in the bathroom with this set-up:
He was sick of sitting in the bathroom by then, so I decided to just let him run around naked and follow him with a collection jar and a towel. He didn't think that was such an awesome idea. So I took the insert from the potty chair and put it in the stroller and let him watch cartoons on the computer.
Half an hour of that and we FINALLY had pee! After all that, I've decided that neither mother or toddler are quite ready for potty-training yet.
5. Masters swim is going well and I am excited that they have decided to continue into March (and possibly April). After just a couple classes with Jose, I swam my fastest 50yds ever! Considering I've only been in the pool maybe half a dozen times this year, that's amazing progress! I am currently working on not over-rotating my head when I breathe.
Have a great weekend,e veryone!