Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Training Log March 19-25

This week was a recovery week.  I took all the recovery possible!!!  My (organized) training this week consisted of swimming on Monday.  750yds + 1450 at Master swim=2200yds.  A week after my last race, I'm still having an issue with my right leg...hip flexor or quadricep, I'm not sure.  But I have had enough injuries to know that one week off now can do a world of good and lead to less time off later.

I probably won't do much running this week, either.  For one, Liam  is at his grandparents for the week.  This makes it EASY to go over and swim or get out and bike.  So this week will be swim and bike heavy, not because it was part of the original training plan, but because it works well with Liam gone.  Hopefully this will allow whatever is nagging in my leg to heal and I'll be ready to get back on the (running) horse next week.

 I am feeling much more confident in regard to my running after last weekend's race.  I really thought I had lost a lot.  While I have lost some speed, it's not as much as I originally thought.  I think I am actually ahead of where I was last year at this time, but I didn't race (strictly running) until the marathon last year, so I'm not sure.
Anyway, I had planned for this year to be focused on gaining fitness for a full iron-distance triathlon in 2013, so I may not hit a bunch of PRs like I did last year.

Weekly Totals:
Swim: 2200yds
Bike: 0
Run: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment