Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Two Training Logs

I just realized as I was getting this week's training log post ready that I never posted one last week...oops! Anyway, I'll do a quick rundown of the past two weeks numbers and then get working on my race report from last week- look for that tomorrow!

March 5-11
Mon: Masters swim, 1100 yds
Tues & Weds: Liam sick- no workouts.  Unless cleaning up puke and changing lots of diapers counts.
Thurs: Bike on trainer, 85 minutes with 8x1min hard, 1 min rest.
Fri: Bike 90 minutes, easy, on trainer
Sat: Ran 3 miles outside, 29:52.  Was supposed to be 6, but I caught Liam's GI bug and needed to get back to the house ASAP.
Sun: Ran 13 miles, 2:18:31.  VERY happy with this considering my running performance lately and the fact that I still have the GI bug.  Worked out my legs with an easy 30 minute spin on the trainer in the evening.

Totals for this week:
Swim: 1100yds
Bike: 3 hours 25 minutes on trainer
Run: 16 miles

March 12-19
Mon: Masters swim, 1300yds.  Jose really kicked our butts today with some HARD drills!
Tues: REST!  After all the time I put in the past few days, my body said it wanted to rest.
Weds: Body still wanted to rest.
Thurs: Ran 30 minutes around my "track".  (6+ laps = 1 mile) Every 3rd lap at 80%, focusing on cadence and good form.  2.9 miles
Fri: Travel day to weekend race
Sat: Get Lucky Half Marathon, St. Paul, MN  2:10:35, ECSTATIC about this time!  Race report to follow, hopefully tomorrow.
Sun: Well-deserved rest day!

Totals for this week:
Swim: 1300yds
Bike: 0
Run: 16 miles

I need to be a little more consistent for a while now.  Unfortunately, things like your toddler getting a 5-day GI bug are never predictable.  I did get a good few days in the weekend before my race.  I didn't intend to taper quite as much as I did for the race, but my body said it needed some rest so I listened.

Quick update on my health issues:

Being gone for the weekend, I ate things that would have normally bothered me at home and had NO GI SYMPTOMS!  Weird, huh?  Now the question becomes, what is it at home that is making me sick?  I started with an easy thing to eliminate.  I stopped drinking our well water, hauling jugs from my parents house instead.  If that doesn't pan out, I'll move on to air quality issues.  One thing at a time.

I saw the ENT for my dizziness today.  He is a runner and an aspiring triathlete.  Yay!  I did a little dance in my head when I found this out! No worrying about being told " well, just stop running, then."
He scheduled me for a brain MRI, more bloodwork, a hearing test, physical therapy, and gave me some exercises to do at home.  I get the MRI on Thursday, start therapy next week, then have the hearing test and follow up with him in a few weeks.  He is pretty confident that he can find the problem and that we will be able to correct it!

No comments:

Post a Comment