Sunday, August 21, 2011

Training Log August 14-20

I spent far more time in the kitchen and the garden this week than I did working out.  This is some of what I made with my garden bounty (supplemented by some farmer's market finds):
Eggplant Plop
Roasted Tomato Jam
Revived my sourdough starter
Sourdough scones
Sourdough bread (failed, didn't rise)
Sourdough waffles
Ginger Zucchini Marmalade
Pickled Garlic
Zucchini Relish
Sauerkraut

I took a jar of my pickled garlic and a jar of the ginger-pear jam I made last week to the county fair.  Each one came home with a blue ribbon!  

Here is what I did manage to get done in the training department:

Sun: 3 mile run, 29:12, Finally a run that felt good!
Mon: Walk 40 min, 33 min. of P90X Core- my back started to fail and I could no longer maintain form on any of the exercises
Tues: P90X Cardio
Weds: 25 min walk
Thurs: No organized exercise, but I walked around the county fair with Liam for 2 hours, carrying him most of that time.
Fri: Rest day
Sat: unscheduled rest day- spent all day in the kitchen until we had friends over for supper

So, the totals are pretty wimpy this week:
Run: 3 miles
Walk: 65 minutes
On the days that I didn't do any organized exercise, my Bodymedia FIT did say that I had from 2.5 to 4 hours of exercise on those days, so it's not like I was sitting around on my butt. 


I've got a few kitchen projects for this week, but not as many (I think I'm caught up with the zucchini for a while!)  I'm hoping that I will be able to get a little more organized with my training.  I do have a 10K coming up in 4 weeks, and a duathlon the week after that so I really ought to stop being a slacker.  Hmmm, I suppose that also means I should get my butt to bed so I actually have the energy to run again tomorrow! 


No comments:

Post a Comment