Friday, October 29, 2010

Ready To Race

I should be packing for the race tomorrow instead of messing around on the computer.  Liam and I are going to St. Peter for the Halloween 5K Fun Run.  It's promising to be quite cold in the morning.  Hopefully it will warm up a little before the race starts.  Poor Liam is going to be all bundled up like a little Eskimo!  I did make him a new fleece hat and mitts for the occasion.  I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow to post. 
The Garmin Forerunner 205 arrived this morning!  I'm all set to use that tomorrow for the first time.  I'm excited to see just how it works.  Also, I've joined a new social media site for athletes, Strands.  It allows for training tracking in great detail (think heart rate, weight before and after a workout) and is compatible with my new toy, the Garmin.  I don't know how social I will be, but the tracking aspects of the site seem to be something that will work well for me. 
Other new stuff that arrived this week:  a Mountain Hardwear running top (purchased with Moosejaw points), Strength Training For Triathletes, Triathlon Swimming Made Easy: The Total Immersion Way for Anyone to Master Open Water Swimming, a Nike Shortini (I'm not sure I'm comfortable in a regular swimsuit with my current post-baby body shape), and TYR Technoflex 4.0 goggles.    Time to stop spending money for a while! 

No comments:

Post a Comment